Jalapeno Poppers Recipe With Bacon
Homemade Jalapeno Poppers Recipe
Jalapeno Poppers Recipe are a popular appetizer known for their spicy kick and creamy, cheesy filling. These delightful bites are made by halving fresh jalapeno peppers, removing the seeds, and stuffing them with a mixture of cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and sometimes additional ingredients like bacon or spices. The poppers are then breaded and deep-fried to a crispy golden brown. They are the perfect combination of heat, creaminess, and crunch, making them a favorite at parties, game day gatherings, or as a savory snack.
Ingredients Jalapeno Poppers Recipe:
- Fresh Jalapeno Peppers: Provide the signature heat.
- Cream Cheese: Adds creaminess and texture.
- Cheddar Cheese: Offers a rich and cheesy flavor.
- Bacon (optional): Adds a smoky and savory element.
- Breading: Typically a mixture of flour and breadcrumbs.
How to Cut Jalapeños
Jalapeno Peppers are spicy! We highly recommend you wear kitchen gloves to clean the peppers to protect your skin from being burned.
- Slice the jalapenos in half lengthwise.
- Remove the seeds and membranes. TIP: You can leave in some of the membranes for extra spiciness.
How to Make Homemade Jalapeno Poppers:
Making Easy Jalapeno Poppers Recipe involves slicing jalapeno peppers in half lengthwise and removing the seeds and membranes. Fill each pepper half with the cream cheese and cheddar cheese mixture. Optionally, wrap them in bacon. Coat the poppers in a breading mixture and then deep-fry until golden and crispy.
How to Cook Bacon Jalapeno Poppers:
Homemade Jalapeno Poppers are typically deep-frie but they can also be bake in the oven or cooked in an air fryer for a lighter option.
Tips and Variations:
- Wear gloves when handling jalapenos to protect your skin from the heat.
- Adjust the heat level by leaving some or all of the jalapeno seeds.
- Experiment with different cheese blends and fillings like sausage or herbs.
Serve Grilled Jalapeno Poppers on a platter with a side of ranch dressing or sour cream for dipping. Garnish with chopped fresh herbs, like cilantro or chives, for a pop of color.
Comparison with Other Recipes:
In the realm of stuffed appetizers, Homemade Jalapeno Poppers are akin to other stuffed and fried delights like mozzarella sticks or arancini, but they stand out for their distinct spicy kick.
Here is a table listing competitors or similar stuffed and fried appetizers:
|Breaded and fried cheese sticks
|Ooey-gooey and perfect for cheese lovers
|Italian fried rice balls with stuffing
|Savory and customizable fillings
|Pigs in a Blanket
|Mini sausages wrapped in dough
|Bite-sized and often served with mustard
- What to dip jalapeno poppers in? Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers are commonly serve with ranch dressing, sour cream, or a zesty salsa for dipping.
- What to eat with jalapeno poppers? Enjoy Easy Jalapeno Poppers Recipe as an appetizer alongside other finger foods like chicken wings, mozzarella sticks, or onion rings.
- What temperature to cook jalapeno poppers? When deep-frying, heat the oil to around 350°F (175°C) and fry until they’re golden brown. In the oven, bake at 375°F (190°C) for about 15-20 minutes until they’re crispy and the cheese is bubbling.