Easy Chicken Chow Mein Recipe With Rice
Easy Chicken Chow Mein Recipe With Rice Healthy & Authentic Homemade
Easy Chicken Chow Mein Recipe With Rice is a beloved Chinese-American stir-fry dish that boasts a harmonious blend of flavors and textures. This delectable dish typically features tender pieces of chicken, an assortment of crisp vegetables, and stir-fried egg noodles, all enveloped in a savory sauce. The dish is celebrated for its satisfying contrast between the succulent chicken, crunchy vegetables, and the slight crispiness of the noodles. The sauce, often a medley of soy sauce, oyster sauce, and seasonings, imparts a rich umami flavor. Chicken Chow Mein Recipe holds a special place as a comforting favorite and a common item on Chinese restaurant menus.
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- Egg noodles
- Bell peppers
- Bean sprouts
- Soy sauce
- Oyster sauce
- Hoisin sauce (optional)
- Sesame oil (optional)
How to Make Chicken Chow Mein Recipe:
- Marinate the Chicken: Begin by marinating bite-sized chicken pieces in a mixture of soy sauce, oyster sauce, and sesame oil. Let it sit for about 15 minutes.
- Stir-Fry Chicken: Heat a wok or large skillet and stir-fry the marinated chicken until fully cooked and slightly browned. Set aside.
- Stir-Fry Vegetables: In the same wok, stir-fry a combination of vegetables like bell peppers, carrots, and bean sprouts until they are tender-crisp.
- Add Noodles and Sauce: Add the cooked egg noodles and the chicken back to the wok. Pour in a sauce made from soy sauce, oyster sauce, garlic, ginger, and, if desired, hoisin sauce and sesame oil.
- Toss and Serve: Toss everything together until well-coated and heated through. Serve hot.
How to Cook Easy Chow Mein Recipe:
Cooking Easy Chicken Chow Mein Recipe With Rice involves using high heat in a wok or skillet to achieve the desired stir-fried texture. Ensure the chicken is fully cooked, vegetables remain crisp, and the noodles absorb the sauce while developing a slight crispiness.
Tips and Variations:
- Customize by adding vegetables like mushrooms, broccoli, or snow peas.
- Adjust spiciness with chili sauce or red pepper flakes.
- For a vegetarian version, omit the chicken and use tofu or tempeh as a protein substitute.
To elevate the presentation, serve Easy Chicken Chow Mein Recipe With Rice on a platter or individual plates. Garnish with thinly sliced green onions and a sprinkle of sesame seeds for added color and flavor.
Comparison with Other Recipes:
Compared to other Chinese stir-fried noodle dishes, Best Chicken Chow Mein Recipe is distinguished by its use of crispy egg noodles and specific ingredient combinations. It differs from Lo Mein with its crispy noodles, while Lo Mein uses soft, boiled noodles. Additionally, Authentic Chicken Chow Mein Recipe typically incorporates a variety of vegetables and a savory sauce, whereas Chop Suey is a saucier dish with diverse ingredients like meats and bean sprouts.
Here is a table listing competitors or popular brands offering Chicken Chow Mein Recipe Authentic:
|Chicken Chow Mein
|Quick and easy, canned convenience
|Chicken Chow Mein
|Restaurant-quality, frozen option
|Lee Kum Kee
|Chicken Chow Mein Sauce Mix
|Authentic flavors, sauce included
|Homemade Chicken Chow Mein
|Customizable, fresh ingredients
- La Choy Chicken Chow Mein when did recipe change? The La Choy recipe change occurred in 1998 when the company removed the original crispy noodles and altered the recipe.
- What is in a basic chow mein recipe? A basic Healthy Chow Mein recipe typically includes noodles, a protein (like chicken, beef, or tofu), vegetables, and a savory sauce.
- What is the difference between chow mein and lo mein? The key difference lies in the noodles. Chow Mein uses crispy, stir-fried noodles, while Lo Mein uses soft, boiled noodles.
- What is the difference between chow mein and chop suey? Easy Chow Mein Recipe features stir-fried crispy noodles, while Chop Suey is a saucier dish with meats and vegetables, served over rice or crispy noodles.