Best Easy Banana Bread Recipe
Easy Banana Bread
Easy Banana Bread is a delightful and popular baked treat known for its soft texture and sweet, banana-infused flavor. It is a type of quick bread that emerged during the Great Depression as a resourceful way to utilize overripe bananas. Since then, it has evolved into a beloved classic, cherished for its simplicity and versatility.
Chocolate Chip Easy Banana Bread
Sure! Here’s a delicious Chocolate Chip Banana Bread recipe for you:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan and set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the softened butter and brown sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in the mashed bananas, sour cream (or yogurt), and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, mixing just until the flour disappears. Be careful not to overmix, as it may result in a tougher bread.
- Fold in the chocolate chips, distributing them evenly throughout the batter.
- Pour the batter into the greased loaf pan and spread it out evenly.
- Bake the Easy Banana Bread in the preheated oven for about 60 to 70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Once done, remove the bread from the oven and allow it to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes.
- Afterward, transfer the bread to a wire rack to cool completely before slicing.
- Enjoy your delightful Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Muffins with a cup of tea or coffee, or simply as a delicious snack!
Note: You can store any leftover bread in an airtight container at room temperature for a few days. It can also be frozen for longer storage.
Banana Nut Bread Recipe:
This is the recipe that my husband, who is renowned for his Easy Banana Bread, has developed over the years. He produces it frequently, and it always sells out quickly! It is easy to make and our go-to method for ensuring that ripe bananas don’t go to waste. It’s quite moist and a terrific option for a quick breakfast. We even used this recipe to make banana muffins.
This loaf keeps its moisture for days and also makes a lovely and delectable gift idea for the holidays (Banana Bread Muffins is always better than fruit cake).
Easy Banana Bread Recipe
Sure! Here’s an easy banana bread recipe for you:
- 2 to 3 ripe bananas (about 1 cup mashed)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (walnuts or pecans), optional
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan with butter or cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, peel the ripe bananas and mash them well using a fork or a potato masher.
- Add the melted butter to the mashed bananas and mix until well combined.
- Stir in the granulated sugar, beaten eggs, and vanilla extract into the banana-butter mixture. Mix until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, stirring just until the flour disappears. Be careful not to overmix, as it can make the bread dense.
- If you’re using nuts, gently fold in the chopped nuts into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan, spreading it evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 55-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Once done, remove the Easy Banana Bread from the oven and let it cool in the pan for about 10 minutes.
- Afterward, transfer the bread to a wire rack to cool completely.
Your delicious and easy banana bread is now ready to be sliced and enjoyed! It’s perfect for breakfast, a snack, or dessert. Store any leftovers in an airtight container to keep it fresh. Enjoy!
How to Make Easy Banana Bread:
To make Banana Bread Muffins, you’ll need ripe bananas, flour, sugar, eggs, butter, baking soda, and a pinch of salt. Start by preheating your oven to 350°F (175°C) and greasing a loaf pan.
In a mixing bowl, mash three to four ripe bananas with a fork until smooth. Add in 1/2 cup (1 stick) of melted butter and mix until well combined. Then, beat in two eggs one at a time, followed by 1 cup of granulated sugar.
In a separate bowl, combine 1 3/4 cups of all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon of baking soda, and a pinch of salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture, stirring until just combined. Be careful not to overmix.
Pour the batter into the greased loaf pan and spread it evenly. For extra flavor, you can sprinkle some cinnamon on top. Bake in the preheated oven for 55-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Once the Easy Banana Bread is done, remove it from the oven and let it cool in the pan for about 10 minutes. Then transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely before slicing and serving. Enjoy your delicious homemade banana bread!
Can I Freeze Overripe Bananas?
Don’t throw away overripe bananas if you’re not ready to use them in a recipe.
Bananas can be frozen for up to three months if they are put in a freezer-safe bag, unpeeled, with any extra air squeezed out. For banana bread, thawed bananas can be used. For simpler use in smoothies, you may also freeze them peeled and chopped into pieces. P.S. You can use the same technique to freeze an entire loaf of banana bread!
Can I Omit Walnuts and Raisins?
YES! If the raisins and walnuts are left out, the recipe will still turn out well. Due to a family walnut allergy, we always prepare it nut-free. You will still get the most delicious, moistest, and softest bread. To prepare Chocolate Chip Banana Bread, you can also use some chocolate in their stead.