Juicy Oven Bake Chicken Breast Recipe
Bake Chicken Breast Recipe In the Oven
Bake Chicken Breast is a straightforward and healthy way to cook this lean and versatile protein. Whether you’re a seasoned chef or a beginner in the kitchen, baking chicken breast is a simple process that results in juicy and flavorful meat.
Juicy Bake Chicken Breast in the Oven
Cooking juicy Chicken Breast Recipes in the oven can be achieved with a few simple steps. First, preheat your oven to the appropriate temperature, usually around 425°F (220°C). Preheating ensures that the oven is hot enough to sear the chicken and lock in its juices. Meanwhile, prepare the chicken breasts by patting them dry with paper towels. Removing excess moisture helps the skin crisp up nicely and prevents steaming during cooking.
Next, season the chicken breasts to your preference. You can use a simple combination of salt, pepper, and olive oil, or get creative with your favorite herbs and spices. Be sure to rub the seasoning evenly over the entire surface of the chicken for a consistent flavor. Optionally, you can marinate the chicken for a few hours before cooking to enhance the taste further.
To promote juiciness, consider using a roasting pan or a baking dish with a roasting rack. Elevating the chicken allows air to circulate around the meat, helping it cook more evenly and stay moist. If you don’t have a rack, you can also use chopped vegetables like carrots and onions as a bed for the chicken, which not only provides elevation but adds extra flavor to the dish.
When placing the chicken in the oven, position it on the center rack to ensure even cooking. The Chicken Breast Recipes should roast for approximately 20 to 25 minutes, depending on their size and thickness. It’s essential to monitor the internal temperature using a meat thermometer. Chicken is safe to eat when it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C). Overcooking the chicken will dry it out, so it’s crucial to be attentive and remove it from the oven as soon as it reaches the safe temperature.
How Long to Boil Bake Chicken Breast
To boil chicken breasts, the cooking time typically depends on the size and thickness of the Chicken Breast Recipes. As a general guideline, boneless, skinless chicken breasts should be boiled for approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
How To Make Easy Bake Chicken Breast Recipe
Sure, here’s an easy baked chicken breast recipe:
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Place the Baked Chicken Breast on a cutting board, and use a paper towel to pat them dry. This step helps the seasoning adhere better and promotes crispiness.
- Drizzle olive oil over both sides of the chicken breasts and rub it in to ensure even coating.
- In a small bowl, mix together the garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, dried thyme, dried rosemary, salt, and pepper.
- Sprinkle the spice mixture over both sides of the chicken breasts, rubbing it in to cover the entire surface.
- If you have time, let the seasoned chicken breasts sit for about 15-20 minutes to allow the flavors to meld. However, if you’re in a rush, you can proceed straight to baking.
- Place the seasoned Baked Chicken Breast on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil. This helps with easy cleanup later.
- Bake the chicken breasts in the preheated oven for approximately 20-25 minutes, or until they reach an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C). It’s always best to use a meat thermometer to check for doneness.
- Once the chicken is fully cooked, remove it from the oven and let it rest for a few minutes before serving. Resting allows the juices to redistribute, resulting in juicier meat.
- Serve the baked chicken breasts with your favorite side dishes like roasted vegetables, salad, or mashed potatoes for a delicious and easy meal.
This simple baked chicken breast recipe is perfect for a quick and tasty dinner. The combination of herbs and spices adds wonderful flavor to the chicken, and the oven does most of the work for you, making it a hassle-free dish for any day of the week. Enjoy!
How Long to Bake Chicken Breast?
The baking time for chicken breast can vary depending on the size and thickness of the chicken, as well as the oven temperature. Here are some general guidelines for baking Baked Chicken Breast:
- Preheat your oven to 375°F to 425°F (190°C to 220°C) depending on your recipe or preference. Higher temperatures will result in a crispier exterior, while lower temperatures will cook the chicken more slowly.
- If you’re baking boneless, skinless chicken breasts, they will typically take about 20 to 30 minutes to cook through. Thicker chicken breasts may require a bit more time, while thinner ones will cook faster.
- To ensure the chicken is fully cooked and safe to eat, use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature. The chicken is safe to consume when the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C).
- Insert the meat thermometer into the thickest part of the chicken breast, being careful not to touch bone or the baking dish, as these can give false readings.
- Keep in mind that the chicken will continue to cook a bit as it rests after being taken out of the oven. So, you can remove the chicken from the oven when it’s a few degrees below the target temperature, and it will reach 165°F during the resting period.
- After the chicken is done baking, let it rest for about 5 minutes before slicing or serving. Resting allows the juices to redistribute, resulting in juicier and more flavorful chicken.
How to Bake Chicken Breast in the Oven
- Assemble – Preheat the oven to 400°F and assemble the chicken breast in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Season – Rub the chicken on all sides with the oil, paprika, garlic parsley salt, and black pepper.
- Bake the Chicken – Bake the chicken uncovered for 20 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F on a thermometer. Once you remove the chicken breasts from the oven, allow them to sit at room temperature for a couple of minutes to lock in all the juice.
Ways to Serve
There are a million and one ways to serve this tasty, juicy chicken breast. Feel free to pair it with any side dish you love best. You can’t go wrong!
- Salad Toppers – Use the chicken breast as a topper for a traditional Caesar Salad, Greek salad, or Autumn Chicken Salad.
- With Potatoes – Pair the juicy chicken breast with boiled potatoes, garlic mashed potatoes, or air fryer baked potatoes.
- Alongside Grains – For a nice dose of fiber, pair the chicken with white rice, quinoa, or your favorite grains.
- Low-Carb Dinner – For an easy, low-carb dinner pair the chicken with roasted asparagus, Mexican street corn, or roasted carrots.
Common Questions Bake Chicken Breast
Here are some common questions about baking chicken breast with their answers:
- What temperature should I bake chicken breast at?
Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) for boneless, skinless chicken breasts. This temperature ensures that the chicken cooks evenly and stays juicy.
- How long do I bake chicken breast?
The cooking time for chicken breast varies depending on the thickness of the chicken. Generally, boneless, skinless chicken breasts should be baked for 20-25 minutes. Use a meat thermometer to ensure the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C) to ensure it’s cooked through.
- How do I season chicken breast before baking?
You can season chicken breast with a variety of herbs and spices. A simple seasoning blend could include salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika. You can also use your favorite marinade for added flavor.
More Common Questions Of Bake Chicken Breast
- Should I marinate the chicken breast before baking?
Marinating the chicken breast before baking can add extra flavor and keep the chicken moist. It’s best to marinate the chicken for at least 30 minutes, but even overnight is beneficial for more intense flavor.
- How do I keep the chicken breast from drying out?
To prevent chicken breast from drying out, you can use a marinade, brine the chicken, or place slices of butter or olive oil on top before baking. Another option is to cover the chicken with foil for the first half of baking and then uncover it for the remaining time.
- Can I bake frozen chicken breast?
Yes, you can bake frozen chicken breast, but it will take longer to cook. Make sure to add around 15-20 minutes to the baking time and use a meat thermometer to ensure the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C).
- How can I tell if the chicken breast is done?
The best way to determine if the chicken breast is done is by using a meat thermometer. Insert the thermometer into the thickest part of the chicken, and when the temperature reaches 165°F (74°C), it’s safe to eat.