Crispy Air Fryer Bacon Recipe
Air Fryer Bacon
Air Fryer Bacon Recipe have become increasingly popular for their ability to cook food using hot air circulation, producing crispy and delicious results without the need for excessive oil. One such favorite dish that benefits from the air fryer’s magic is bacon.
What is an Air Fryer?
An air fryer is a kitchen appliance that uses rapid air technology to cook food. It works by circulating hot air around the food at high speed, mimicking the effects of deep frying without the need for a large amount of oil. The result is crispy and evenly cooked food, including bacon.
Why Cook Bacon in an Air Fryer?
Cooking bacon in an air fryer offers several advantages over traditional stovetop or oven methods:
- Crispiness: The air fryer’s circulating hot air ensures that the bacon becomes crispy and evenly cooked, with the perfect balance of chewiness and crunch.
- Healthier Option: Compared to traditional frying, air fryers use significantly less oil or even none at all, reducing the overall fat content of the bacon.
- Convenience: Air frying bacon is a hassle-free process. You don’t need to flip the bacon or deal with excessive splattering.
- Speed: Cooking bacon in an air fryer is generally quicker than using an oven, saving you time in the kitchen.
Air Fryer Bacon Recipe
Sure! Here’s a simple and delicious Air Fryer Bacon recipe:
- Bacon slices (as many as you desire)
- Air fryer
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F (200°C) for a few minutes.
- While the air fryer is preheating, take the bacon slices and separate them if they are stuck together.
- Place the bacon slices in a single layer in the air fryer basket. You may need to do this in batches if your air fryer is small or if you have a large amount of bacon.
- Cook the bacon in the air fryer for about 8-10 minutes. The exact cooking time will depend on the thickness of the bacon and your desired level of crispiness. You may want to check on it after 6 minutes to avoid overcooking.
- If you like your bacon extra crispy, you can flip the slices halfway through the cooking time.
- Once the bacon is cooked to your liking, carefully remove it from the air fryer basket and place it on a plate lined with paper towels to absorb any excess grease.
- Let the bacon cool for a minute or two before serving.
Enjoy your delicious, crispy Air Fryer Bacon Recipe as a side dish, in sandwiches, or as a topping for salads and other dishes! Remember that cooking times may vary slightly depending on your specific air fryer model, so it’s always a good idea to keep an eye on the bacon as it cooks.
How Long to Cook Bacon in the Air Fryer
The cook time for this recipe can vary depending on the doneness of your bacon, the thickness of the bacon, and the style of your air fryer. Also, we do not preheat the air fryer for bacon.
- Regular Cut Bacon – for softer bacon, air fry at 350˚F for 7 minutes, and for crispy bacon, cook 8 to 9 minutes
- Thick-Cut Bacon – for softer bacon, air fry at 350˚F for 9-10 minutes, and for crispy bacon, cook 10-12 minutes.
Which Air Fryer is Best?
It depends on your needs, however we have 2 air fryers so we can properly test air fryer recipes. Since not all air fryers are created equally, familiarize yourself with yours, check on your food periodically to see how it’s coming along, and alter recipe timings as necessary.
Since the air fryer basket and liner are dishwasher-safe, we have a 5.8 Qt Cosori air fryer, which uses slightly less counter space, performs great for our family of 4, and has the simplest cleanup.
Although it takes up a little more room, the toaster oven style air fryer is perfect for larger families and can prepare most meals in one batch. Depending on the model, it might cook more quickly. I prepared the bacon was cooked in a toaster oven for 8 minutes as opposed to 9 minutes in a basket.
Common questions of Air Fryer Bacon Recipe
- How do I cook bacon in an air fryer?
Preheat the air fryer to 400°F (200°C), place bacon slices in a single layer in the basket, and cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Should I use oil to cook bacon in the air fryer?
No, bacon contains enough fat on its own, so there’s no need to add additional oil.
- Do I need to preheat the air fryer before cooking bacon?
Yes, it’s best to preheat the air fryer for a few minutes before adding the bacon for even cooking.
- How do I prevent smoke while cooking bacon in the air fryer?
Line the bottom of the air fryer basket with foil or parchment paper to catch drippings and reduce smoke.
- Can I cook thick-cut bacon in the air fryer?
Yes, you can cook thick-cut bacon, but you may need to adjust the cooking time to ensure it reaches your desired level of crispiness.
- How do I make bacon extra crispy in the air fryer?
You can achieve extra crispiness by flipping the bacon halfway through the cooking time.
- Can I cook frozen bacon in the air fryer?
Yes, you can cook frozen bacon in the air fryer. Add a few extra minutes to the cooking time.
- How do I clean the air fryer after cooking bacon?
Allow the air fryer to cool, then remove the basket and tray and wash them with warm soapy water. Wipe down the interior with a damp cloth.
- Can I season the bacon before air frying?
Yes, you can season the bacon with your favorite spices or seasonings before cooking for added flavor.
- Is Air Fryer Bacon Recipe healthier than pan-fried bacon?
Yes, air frying reduces the amount of oil and fat compared to traditional pan-frying, making it a healthier option.